Wednesday, October 1, 2008

So much, So little time

Well the last few days, I've been taking a lot of images, and haven't had time to post any yet. First, on Monday night a thunderstorm rolled in at midnight, got a few good photos of that storm heres one...


Then earlier today I went out to camp, and worked till 5 took some pictures around camp. Just to show you a little bit of what it looks like here...



The Maintenace shed, and the entrance



At 7 I went into Fremont, got some dinner, then drove south to find a good foreground to shoot stars from, Stupidly I thought that the foreground would be luminated, but of course I wouldn't realize that until it was dark. So I ended up going to this place called otoe creek on highway 77. I set up here only to leave soon. Here is what it looked like...





Soon, it started getting dark, and the crescent moon and Venus were setting so I tried to get a good image of that, but at 55mm it doesn't look that great...

I left shortly after to get in a better spot. I had looked at cleardarksky.com's light pollution map, to decide where to go, it's pretty cool, there is a link to overlay it on Google earth, you should check it out...http://www.cleardarksky.com/csk/ click on a state, then an observatory near you then look at the table, it'll say light pollution, click that, and there is a link that says Google earth overlay. I found a cool spot with hay bails, then realized that you wouldn't be able to tell what they were. To get out of wahoo's light pollution I drove on county road Q to near Colon, Nebraska. The skies were very dark as you can see here...


The first image has an iridium flare in it.



Thanks for checking it out! hopefully october will be a fun month!

No comments:

Questions?

Feel Free to contact me at Tyleroaxs@gmail.com